Sunday 4 January 2009

New Year down unda'

31/12/2008
The last day of the year and also the last day with the whole contiki group.
If there is one thing in life I hate it's saying goodbye.
I met some incredible people, had fantastic times, I laughed, I cried, I felt excited, tired, tipsy,.... I had the best time of me life.
I did so many things. I think it will take a time to let it all sink in.
From surfing to a farmstay, from walking the whitest beach and swim in the blue/green sea to exploring the rainforest, from city's to beaches, from skydiving to scubadiving, from holding a koala & feeding kangaroo's to horseriding....
I think mojosurfcamp and scubadiving must be at the top of the trip.
But actually everything was so amazing, the things we did, the trip we took, the hotels, .. Everything....
My post today may sound a little bit down. But it's because I just said goodbye to my new friends. I'm on my way to the rainforest now with 9 others of our group.
We will be celebrating New Years eve on the beach with a bombfirte. There's also a pub with a circustheme tonight, will be interesting....
Anyway, as soon as I can get to the internet, I'll post this message, wishing you all a happy New Year, may I wish you all a trip to Australia someday.... And of course, the most important thing: a good health.
Kiss kiss kiss,
happy 2009 (9 hours ahead)
Tania

1 jan 2009
Happy New Year everyone!!!
Unfortunately I have not connection to the outside world here in the rainforest. No cell phone, no internet. So I write down my stories and post them tomorrow when the tour ends in Cairns....
Yesterday it rained all day (off course, we are in the rainforest and it's the rainy season)
Shane, our rainforestdriver took us on a path through a part of the rainforest and the mangroves. It was amazingly beautiful. Nature is so smart in it's way to survive and it's ecosystem.
After this walk I was soaking wet. But I didn't really care because rain here feels like a warm shower. And after the humid high temperature of 37°C , this rain was more than welcome!
Arrived at the Ferntree Rainforest Lodge we took a hot shower and got ready for New Years eve. Hoping the rain would stop cause we planned a bombfire on the beach.
But unfortunately it didn't stop raining so we needed to change our plans. We got together on a porch of one of the guys and got our booze out with some music.
We talked about the highlights of the tour and the amazing times we had. Who hooked up with who. We told our New Year's resolutions, and what we wanted in life.
Man I'm so gonna miss this. Tomorrow the tour officialy ends....
Today it's the first day of the new year. Weird, because I had no Christmas feeling or New Year feeling here.
So... you wanna know my resolution? Well, spending more time with the people I love, friends and family. Sometimes I'm living my life so fast that I forget to spend time with what is the most important thing in life... YOU!
Anyway, got to get ready now for our walk in the forest.
OXOX
Tania

2 jan
Yesterday we walked through the rainforest and swam in a creek and relaxed on the beach, where we were supposed to do our New Years eve bombfire.
It was relaxing and fun.
After the beach we got back to the hotel and decided to jump into the pool because it was so hot.
Then, around 6 I went to take a shower to get ready for our last supper as a contiki group....
We had a bbq which was good and coversations were fun. Nick suggested to take it to the pool so we did. The guys invented these games like building walls with beercans, or dropping them at the bottom and first one to catch it got to drink it.
Shane, our rainforest guide showed us some interesting bugs.
It was a short but fun last night....

No comments:

Post a Comment