Sunday 11 January 2009

Not ready yet to trade in my flip flops for winterboots....

Today was my last full day in Singapore.
Tomorrow night, 11pm, I will catch my flight back home.

But before we start talking or even thinking about home, Belgium, where it's -11°C, I wanna think about Singapore.
Warm Singapore, a country with a mix between Asia, India and a little West.

Today, after sleeping in, Juana and I met up with some other couchsurfers and we went to Sentosa Island. An artifical island with a beach made of imported sand.
It was nice to be on the 'beach' and have this little breeze.
Even though it was cloudy all day, temperatures were still around 28°C :-D

After the beach we went to Clarke Quay, which is a developed area around the Singapore River with lots of bars and restaurants.
We had some thai food and some drinks outside afterwards.
This part of town is really the richer part. You can tell by the prices of the drinks. It twice as expensive, which still makes it 'normal' prices compared to home.

Tomorrow I'll visit Arab street and a mosque and hopefully do some quick shopping, although my suitcase is full and my bankaccount empty, I still want to see a Singapore mall, even if it's just window shopping.
There is a mall here which is open 24/7
I mean, can you imagine??? Being able to shop 24 hours a day.
Like, if you aren't tired @ 3 a.m. you can go to the mall and buy some shoes :) Crazy... but lovin' it :)

Oh yeah, and the club last night was cool, ZOUK, never saw that many dutch people gathered in a room so far away from holland :)
All to see Armin Van Buuren.
He was pretty good. House music is not my thing really but he was quite alright.
The club was really cool, with 3 different area's to dance and a lounge bar.
Funny thing here is, inside it's always cool and outside it's nice and warm. I'm so gonna hate being back in Belgium.. Ugh....

1 comment:

  1. hey schatje nog een paar daagjes verwijderd van Belgie en van de kou - allez t'is te zeggen tegen je terugbent is het niet meer zoo koud.
    tot maandagmorgen

    dikke kusjes en goed terugvlucht
    mamsie

    ReplyDelete