Saturday 3 April 2010

WA and the city

West Australia is a great mixture of white beaches, green forests and a dryer outback land.
A friend and I rented a Toyota to drive from Perth all the way down to Albany and than back up via the wave rock.
Lot's of times we drove trhough town that were just 3 streets. No internet connections, no cell phone coverage. A typical hilly billy ozzie town.

We've seen the point were the Indian & South Ocean come together.

Amazing white beaches at the coasts.
We've also been to the karri forest and did a tree walk. Walking between trees about 40 meters of the ground.
And wave rock, a granite rock in the shape of a wave.
To end our trip again in Perth. And while on the road we've seen wildlife such as kangaroos, emu's, parrots, and many other birds.
All very cool. But travelling with my friend was not always easy. Two stubborn people in a rental car. Glad we didn't kill each other. :)

Although there were many hurtfull moments, I will remember the good times and laughs.
And again I learned a lesson, life never happens the way you think it will.
But in the end it’s the reviews you give to yourself that matter.

As I'm writing this blog I'm in the plane on my way to Alice springs and just flew over Uluru.
There my real outback experience will begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment