Tuesday 30 March 2010

Go West

Adelaide was B-E-A-utiful! The Aussies in Adelaide are so laid back and friendly. You take it on easily.
What have I been doing there? Well, I visited the Haigh's chocolate factory. Delicious but not as good as the real Belgian Chocolate. But definately worth seeing how they make their chocolate. Ans since it's almost Easter, there were a lot of easter eggs and Easter Bristles :)
On wednesday I took a bustour to the Barossa Valley. The wine-region of South Australia where most wines of Australia are produced.
 Tastings took place in 4 wineries, the first and biggest one was Jacob's Creek.
Now... tasting wines starting from 10 a.m. in the morning is a definate 'begin drunk before noon' moment :)
The wines were amazing. After three wineries in the Barossa Valley we had a nice BBQ to get some food in my stomach.
The last wineries had some ports as well. All very nice and a good thing I wasn't driving!
On Thursdaymorning (5am) I took the bus to the airport to catch my plane to Perth, West Australia.
On my plane were a lot of SES volunteers to help out with the damage done by the flood on tuesday.

Perth, another nice Ozzie town with lots of things to do in and around. West Australia has got beautiful white beaches and an amazing crystal clear blue ocean.
Fremantle, a town close to Perth is a bit like Knokke in Belgium. I could hear just as much French as English on the street.
Right now a friend and I are in Dunborough. A little town between Perth and Albany. A typical small Aussie town with just a few streets as the 'city centre', a beach and beautiful bushes.
Before arriving I saw some wild kangaroos jumping around.
The sunset  was amazing. A perfect pink sky.
Tonight, for the first time in a long time, no hostel! I'm sleeping in an old railway carriage. It's so cool.
You feel like you are in the middle of nowhere with just the moon, the stars, the kangaroos and the little rabbits.

Tomorrow I'll try some wines of West Australia in the Margaret River region.

I'm beginning to feel more and more at home in Australia.
Okay, I do miss my friends and family at times.
And more than ever I realise how much I love my friends and how good they know me and appreciate me for who I really am.
It’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart… and if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.

So who knows, I might stick around here for a while, Australia is not the end of the world, it's just the land down under :)

No comments:

Post a Comment