Monday 22 March 2010

A - B - C

I arrived in...

Adelaide where you can drink amazing wine from
Barossa valley or a refreshing
Cooper beer.

I could use the whole alphabet naming great stuff about Adelaide but let me keep it simple :)

After saying goodbye to my friend Marianka in Melbourne I took a short flight back in time to Adelaide.
By 'back in time' I mean we had to turn the clock 30 minutes back.
It's no longer 10 hours difference but 'only' 9,5 compared to Belgium.

Adelaide, in South Australia, is a beautiful city that has a 'town-feel' to it. The streets are very wide so you don't have that busy feeling like you can have in Sydney or Melbourne.
People are even more laid back here and very friendly. Everywhere I go people start talking to me, asking me questions and are happy to get to know you.
South Australians are genuine. Of course, every city has its weirdo's & drunks, but they're harmless I think.

So far I've been to the flee market on Fisherman's Wharf, to Glenelg beach and the city centre.
Next on the list is a visit to the Haigh's chocolate factory :) (As a Belgian who is addicted to dark chocolat it's a must do.)
Also the museum, the botanical gardens and last but not least: Barossa Valley. Where most of the Australian wines come from.
I'll visit 4 wineries and luckily have a BBQ lunch so I won't get too druk from wine tastings.

After Adelaide I was supposed to take a vacation from my vacation as a backpacker.
Unfortunately things didn't work out as planned but that's life.
And as we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.

Eventually all the pieces fall into place... Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Ja meiske,
    Stilaan moet het mij toch van het hart hoor : ik begin u stevig te missen.
    Ge kent mij, af en toe heb ik eens een luisterend oor van een goeie vriendin nodig en dat was weer het geval de afgelopen weken. Maar goed, je amuseert je te pletter en da's natuurlijk ook heel fijn om te lezen.
    In ieder geval : 23 mei staat met stip genoteerd in mijn agenda :-)
    Have fun

    Jeroen

    ReplyDelete