Sunday 14 March 2010

Melting in Melban

Melbourne (or how the Aussies pronounce it: Melban) is a cool city. It has the cityvibe but also the quiet streets and parks.
Melbourne has the four seasons and sometimes they even happen in one day. Last week it was sunny one minute and flooding and hailing the next.
Right now it's warm 28° and sunny. Thank God for sunscreen!

Luckily I wasn't here withe the floods. I was still in New Zealand. I spend two days in Auckland, and that was enough. Auckland is pretty boring. The kiwi's (New Zealand people) warned me about Auckland. It's a big city, there live more people in Auckland than the whole South Island!

Anyway, after saying goodbye to Aeteroa (Maori's for New Zealand) I flew Qantas (the best airline!) to Melbourne where I would see my new friend Marianka again!
We have been having so much fun. We went to Queens Market to buy fresh fruit and veggies (because it's cheaper and we are backpakcers on a budget).
We explored St. Kilda beach on Friday. Beautiful beach!
On Saturday we rented a car to drive to Mornington Peninsula. An hour south from Melbourne and so beautiful. It was like driving through a postcard!
Driving on the other side of the road was less scary as I thought it would be. When we arrived we took a two hours horseride on the beach and it was amazing!!!

As I am a sagittarius, I felt good on a horse. They are such amazing animals.
Maybe I am half animal/half human like my sign after all :)

And yes, I love animals. They always show you their true feelings.
If they're not happy, you'll know it, or if  they like you, like my horse Molly,  you'll know it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment