Tuesday 2 March 2010

Another suitcase in another hall

By being on the road, alone, travelling from place to place, I learn so much about myself.
I learn how to deal with people invading my personal space. I learn to live with others and be respectfull. I learn that you can be happy with the little things in life.
When I'm in Belgium, working, my everyday life, I sometimes forget. I get into this routine. But life is so beautiful.
I woke up this morning and looked outside at lake Tekapo, the beautiful sunrise and the mountains.
I don't need much to be happy. My life right now excist out of my suitcase, my passport, my credit card, sunscreen, and the nature around me. And I love it.
I learned to enjoy more and think less. Everything happens for a reason.

But what I'm learning most here on my little trip is to deal with ghosts from the past. Painful memories from my past who are still so present it doesn't allow me to step into my future without fear.
Fear of being hurt again, fear of commitment, fear of missing out on life, fear of taking responsibiliteis. Fear.
It's funny how sometimes you need complete strangers to tell you it's okay to feel hurt about things in my past, it's okay to have doubts, it's okay to take things step by step, as long as I need to get where I need to be.
Sometimes you meet people along the way and you tell them very personal stuff. And they listen and tell you their thoughts.
Maybe I could compare it to free councelling :)

I don't know how many session I have to go through to be 'cured' but in the meantime I sit back and enjoy the view.

After beautiful Queenstown we drove to Dunedin. A little college town which you can compare with Leuven in Belgium, a student town.
And yesterday I was in Tekapo where the lake is so gorgeous blue! I wanted to go stargazing because Tekapo is known to have the clearest sky in New Zealand. and it was a full moon.
Unfortunately ths weather wasn't good. Too cloudy... The stargazing geek in my shall have to wait for an other opportunity.
And today i'm in Christchurch. A cosy town with a San Fransisco tram.

And tomorrow... I can check off one more 'to do' of my bucket list. I will go swimming with dolphins.
It's been a dream to swim with these smart mamals for as long as I can remember. So looking forward to it.
Hey, it's part of my councelling ey ;)

Love,
Tania

2 comments:

  1. Ziet er echt zaaaaalig uit... Zoveel natuur, eigelijk echt iets voor mij :)

    Ik vertrek morgen. Mijn blog staat op: http://hakuna-matata-junior.blogspot.com/

    Greetz and take care!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veel suk6 shoeke!!! Ik ga u volgen zene, natuurmens ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete