Thursday 15 April 2010

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen , adieu...

I had to say goodbye to my new friends...
Yesterday was the last day of my Contiki tour through the Northern Territory. I had a blast.
Started in Alice Springs, passed by Kings Canyon, Uluru, crossed the tropic of Capricorn, on to Tenant Creek, Katherine, Kakadu and arrived in Darwin.
Although there is not much between Alice and Darwin, the views around you are breathtaking.

From the red centre sand and dry heat to the flooded area's in the north with lots of green flora.
We stopped at a few gorgeous waterfalls and natural thermal springs to swim in.

Beside the fact that I have seen so much beauty I also met so many new friends from all over the world.
Travelling with Contiki was again a great way to see beauty, learn about the history of it, getting to know other people and having fun in on the bus or @ local bars.

I feel a bit empty today. Because I have no real plan for my last month in Australia.
The last 3 months has gone by so fast! (So did my money unfortunately)
This last month I'm gonna try to find a volunteer job in a wildlife centre.
Taking care of kangaroos, koala's, snakes, crocodiles... Must be so much fun and rewarding.
Hopefully I will find a place soon...

And for now I'll just keep on sweating in hot and humid Darwin, where I cannot swim in the ocean because it's full of crocodiles... Good thing my hostel has a pool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment