Friday 9 April 2010

Champagne sunset

Two days ago we got up at  5AM to go and see the sunrise at Uluru, the big red rock, one of the wonders in the world.
Unfortunately it was a little cloudy but still beautiful.

In the afternoon we went to Uluru to walk around. Before we got to do the 2 hours walk around the rock it started pooring rain.
Result: the rock was even more beautiful. All over you could see waterfalls coming down. Amazing. Not many people get to see this phenomena because it is the dessert and it doesn't rain here very often.

At night we than went back to see the sunset over Uluru and the changing of colours on the rock. But not just watching the sunset, we had a 'champagne-sunset' Our tourguide Coops and driver Dave set up a table with some snacks and champagne with a strawberry for everyone.
Evertime I drank a few sips they filled up my glass again.
Result: Sooo tipsy...
Back on the bus to the resort we all got up and danced. It was fun.
Than, instead of drinking some water i drank wine and vodka.

Bad idea since I was hugging the toilet  afterwards... Last time I got this drunk was on a NOTP tour in R'dam.
Anyway. I survived the night. Still felt a little weak in the morning  but after a greasy bacon and eggs breakfast I was starting to feel better.
Yesterday I got to ride a camel for 5 minutes. It's true what they say: camels smell....
Ironicly last night we had a blow out dinner in Alice Springs. Where I got to taste emu, crocodile, kangaroo and camel. TBH I didn't like the camel. Kangaroo is pretty good and so  was the crocodile.The emu tasted a bit like liver.

Today we will be driving for 10 hours. Long drive ahead. To the real outback with no connection what so ever.
I won't be able to get back online untill April 14.
It's not hard for me not to get online here because there is so much to see and do I love the red centre!

So long,
Outback Tania :)

No comments:

Post a Comment