Thursday 22 April 2010

Torn between two... continents

In less than a month I have to leave this beautiful & amazing country to fly back to reality.
Only a few weeks left and this lifechanging journey is coming to an end. I can't believe how fast time flies.
I have changed a lot. Not the basics of course, I'm still me, goofy, stubborn, a dreamer. But when it comes to everyday life stuff, or dealing with others I have changed for the better.

Some other stuff that I have noticed:
-I look right before I cross the streets
-When I meet a belgian or dutchie I'm translating the English in my head into Dutch before speaking. Therefore I think in English now.
-I love to eat toast with avocado, in fact I eat avocado's with almost everything
-I'm much more laid back. Stressing over things won't help!

Some amazing things I have done on my trip:
-Walking on glaciers in New Zealand
-Swimming with Dusky dolphins
-Wine tasting in the Barossa Valley
-Horseback riding on the beach in Mornington Peninsula
-Walking around Uluru in the Outback
-Seeing crocodiles in the wild
-Meeting wonderful people from all over the world

And so much more...

At the moment I'm in Brisbane, the biggest city of Queensland. It's situated between the Sunshine coast and the Gold coast.  Friendly people, surfers mentality, nice areas...
I think I'm gonna spend my last few weeks here. I feel at home in Brizzie.
As I said in my last blog, I'm trying to find a volunteer job to take care of wildlife. Unfortunately it's not as easy as I thougth. Near Brisbane there is a Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. I called them but all volunteer jobs are booked untill september!
Maybe that's a sign I need to stay here, don't you think? :)

Anyway, I will keep looking for a job here. In the meantime I'm having fun in and around the city.

Two days ago I got to see Pablo Francisco, one of the best comedians I know! I was laughing from the start to the end, good for the happy hormones. Added a few months to my life :)

Keep on smiling!
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment