Wednesday 10 February 2010

Sun and the city

I know I haven't been blogging the last couple of days, but I have been living the Aussie life. Which is: beach, BBQ, sun, yoga,...
After a couple days of pouring rain, and changing hostels again, the sun finally came out. And it is HOT!

I went to Manly beach yesterday with Marianka, a Canadian girl I met at the hostel last week.
She is so fun. We discovered we both love sex and the city and yoga, so I found the younger (22) version of me :)

I love Sydney, I'm getting really comfortable here. Maybe too comfortable, so I decided I need to continue my travel before I settle in here.
I booked a plane ticket to Auckland on Feb 15. Will travel New Zealand for 3 weeks, than fly into Melbourne for a couple of days followed by Adelaide (a city that is known for churches and serial killers)

As you know I turned 30 last December. And like anyone turning 30, you think about your life and you do something crazy.

I love yoga and ever since I started doing it I have been thinking of putting the 'Ohm' sign of yoga on my body.
Now was the perfect opportunity. The 'OHM' sign looks a bit like 30 and resembles what I want from life.
So, I went and got the tatoo I've been thinking about for a couple of months now. Yes It was pretty painful, but it was worth it.
I won't tell you where it is, but I will post a picture of it:




Tonight I cooked for myself for the first time. I figure you have two choices, you can keep ignoring your fear, or you could face it and might end up with a lot of dirty dishes :)
I conquered my fear of cooking in front of other people. I'm so proud of myself. I know it may sound stupid to you , but for those who know  me pretty well, I hate cooking, especially in front of other people.
So yes, I cooked! Wasn't the best food, but it was eatable :)

Tomorrow I'm gonna check out Bondi-beach, need to work on my tan. Will put up some beachpictures soon!

Namasté,
Tania

1 comment:

  1. hey schatje het was inderdaad een paardaagjes geleden dat we nog iets van u gehoord hadden. Hmm die tattoo ge waart een beetje jaloers op uw broertje denk ik - enfin t'is wel mooi maar ge weet ik hou niet van tatoo's. Geniet van je trip naar New-Zeeland. Hier heeft weer een echte winterprik plaats gehad met een monsterfile op woensdagmorgen van 900 km - typisch Belgisch hé - Geert en ik wij zijn allebei goed ziek geweest - buikgriep ja als ge bij den hond slaapt krijgt ge zijn vlooien hé - voel mij nog een beetje zwakjes maar ik ben blijven doorwerken - ge kent ons mama hé - allé schatje amuseer u nog - dikke kusjes vanuit het koude Belgie - Ik mis U - bij the way de faktuur van Dirk Dyck is gekomen en ik heb ze al betaald hoor - tot snel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete