Saturday 6 February 2010

I'm singing in the rain...

All night and day it has been raining in Sydney. It's funny because Australia is supposed to be the driest continent on the planet. Even in the bathroom there are posters asking you to think about saving water.
With the water that I have seen today, I think I could shower all week :)
It's still warm outside, but due to the constant rain you cannot go and do the things you wanna do. Like go the Bondi Beach, or go to the Hunter wine valley, or go see the Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains.
Nope, when it rains, you are stuck. So what better thing to do than: shopping :)
Don't worry i can sustain myself pretty good. I just bought some new thongs (Australian word for flip flops) for 5$ and a waterproof mascara.

While walking down Pitt Street I discovered this very cute little bookstore with secondhand books. I instantly wanted to buy a dozen, untill I realized I cannot travel with all this extra weight.
So here 's what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna try to figure out what the cheapest way is to send some stuff to Belgium. That way I can shop a little more ;)

In the afernoon I got hungry so I went to a foodcourt to get a quick bite.
Some of the names are so funny. There was this Asian place called 'Pho Sure', a fish and chips place called 'Sea and the city' and a kebab place called 'A La Turko'
There was even an Italian place called Tonia's Kitchen :)
I went for the Indian place and got a vegetarian 'mild' curry dish.

Speaking about food, the things you can find in supermarkets here are just amazing. A lot of stuff from Asia and very cheap too. I would even dare to say I feel like cooking when I see all this. Yes, me, cooking :) I know, I even surprise myself!
All this talk about food makes me go hungry. I guess I'm gonna go and eat something.

Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment