Wednesday 3 February 2010

Who's bat? :)

Yesterday evening I tried kangaroo meat for the first time. And to be honest, it was pretty good.
Not that i'm a big fan of red meat, but to choose between cow Bella or kangaroo Skippy, i'd go for Skippy :)
I know, I'm a memeber of Gaia, don't  worry, I'm not gonna eat every kangaroo in Australia.
Last night it rained all night. Tropical rain. Today it's very humid and hot. But hey, you don't hear me complaining since some people far away from here are still wearing warm sweaters and wintercoats.:)

This morning I got up at 6 a.m. That's right! Six in the morning to go to a free yoga class from 7:15 tot 8:15
It was an easy class but to start the day, just fine.

Yesterday I wandered around the city and ended up in the Botanic Gardens.
OMG, they are sooo beautiful. A lot of different plants and birds. Even bats!
I think they are called flying foxes.
At first it looks like some weird tree fruits, but then you realize it's hondreds of bats, sleeping / relaxing in the trees.
They are so cute. they have a face like a chiuaua and the wings like dracula.
I love them :)

I was supposed to go on a camping trip to Stockton beach this weekend but I cancelled it. Since I got sunburned I think it's wise not to go to the dunes where there is little shade.
Instead I'll meet up with a girl form the contiki group last year to go to a bbq on Saturday.
I'll be changeing hostels again on Friday, since this one is fully booked. I feel like a real Nomad :)
The hostel I'll be going to is YHA Central and has a swimmingpool on the roof. Nice...
I booked untill Monday.
Right now i'm looking into my options... Stay in Sydney? Go to New Zealand? I'm so indecisive, it's terrible & frustrating...
The man I'll share my life with is warned and should keep this in the back of his mind. Haha.

Anyway, got to go. I'm meeting Tracy for lunch. She moved here from London and is looking for a job.

Catch ya' later!

2 comments:

  1. hey schatje, mooi mooi die tuinen maar die vleermuizen oh nee niks voor mij hoor. Lees dat je weer nr een ander hotel gaat amaai ook niks voor mij hoor maar ja that's the difference between mother and daughter. Ben maandag langs je appartement geweest en alles is ok. Heb ook iets (denk afrekening) van Visa gekregen. Dat gaat toch automatisch van je rekening hé? Heb het niet opengedaan. Geniet nog maar maar wees voorzichtig hé dikke knuffels en veel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dag mamsie, visa afrekening gaat idd automatisch van de rekening (en da zal de komende maanden nog wel gebeuren :)
    xxx
    uw dochterke down under

    ReplyDelete