Friday 5 February 2010

No yesterdays on the road.

If you travel by yourself you learn a lot. Not just about who you are, but also what you're capable of.
I'm a person who is quite shy around strangers. I'm not like my mom who just starts to talk to anyone about anything.  Instead I'm a little introvert. To make contact with other people I don't know I have to make an effort, every single time.  Although it gets easier along the way, I still need to get over that awkward feeling.
I hear you thinking: than why travel by yourself
Well, lots of reasons. For one: most of my friends are married with children so they cannot join me on my crazy travel ideas. Two: it's expensive to fly here and travel. Three: not many people can take 6 months off.
But the most important reason for me is to learn from life, which to me is the best college you can find. Other cultures, a lot of nature and just you.
You, like you are today. Because when you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.

That said I'm in my new hostel, meeting new strangers :)   I'm in a six bed dorm and met two girls in my room who had just arrived  from Canada. Guess all the Canadians are escaping the winter.

Yesterday and today it has been raining a lot. It's still pretty hot outside (27°C) but with heavy rain. Since it's not beach weather I started to plan my next journey. I'm planning to stay in Sydney untill Feb 15 and then fly to Auckland (New Zealand)  Gotta go and see where the kiwi's come from right? :)
I am making this trip partly because of a commercial my brother sent me. It's recorded in New Zealand.



After seeing so much nature it will make you feel grounded again, I think.
I'll probably travel NZ for 2 or 3 weeks. Then fly to Adelaide, south Australia.
And than off to Perth :) :) :)

But for now I'm trying to stay dry in Sydney, and if that won't work, i'll just be dancing in the rain ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment