Friday 19 December 2008

My first day @ contiki

The day started early, 7:15 in the lobby.
Good thing I stayed at the travelodge hotel where we were meeting up.
A whole bunch of people were there from all over the world. America, Korea, Brazil, Scotland, Ireland, England, Austria, Japan... Our tourguide's name is Nick. He seems all right, a bit ADD'ish but other than that okay.
The drivers name is Shawn, also a real ozzie.

So, we got on the bus, Nick explained some basic rules & off we went to Port Stephens.
Port Stephens is this little town with a nice pretty white beach and a blue ocean. The water is so clear and the colours are so beautiful. Every colour of blue you can imagine.
You see fish swimming around, very nice.
After a stroll on the beach and a walk up a mountain we went to our hotel, shoal bay. I share the room with a Korean and a Canadian girl.
The hotel is pretty nice, right across the street from the beach. Tried the pool, was refreshing after a hot day :)
We got a dinner coupon which we could trade for a peace of meat or fish and BBQ it ourselves. Was pretty fun.

Tomorrow it's 'INTRODUCTION' day. Means everyone has to intruduce themselves... Don't know if I'm looking forward to that...
Then on Christmas Eve, we'll be staying @ a farm and the theme will be cowboys and cowgirls. Lucky I brought my cowboy hat with me :)

Tomorrow we're driving up to Surfers Paradise where I'll be taking my first surf lesson...

1 comment:

  1. hey schatje lijkt me een leuke groep allemaal verschillende nationaliteiten - amaai als ge veel vrienden maakt gaat ge nog veel moeten reizen. Veel plezier morgen met het surfen kusjes mamsie

    ReplyDelete