Monday 29 December 2008

I'm alive!!! I'm alive!!! :)

Dear people,

This morning, this crazy chick jumped out of an airplane!!!

I woke up at 7 and I couldn't sleep anymore. I kept thinking: Why did I sign up for it? What if I faint? What if I get sick? What if I shit my pants? What if I die?

But, it was all paid for, and as Hendrickx's are, when it's paid for, you don't let it slip.

So around 8 I got up, got ready and met the others @ reception. We got on a small bus that took us downtown where we got our gear and had to sign a paper that states you won't sue the company if you're injured or dead due to the skydive.

For a moment there I saw my life flashing by...

Rob went first since it was per 3 and there was 7 of us. As he got back he was really really pale and had to throw up.

Nervous as I was we watched the short video on how the position of our body is supposed to be with the skydive. After putting on our gear we got into the small bus again that would take us to the airport.

We got on a really, really small plane with no door. My instructor was really cool. Explaining me all what would happen and immediatly I felt calm.

Strangely enough, as I got on the plane, all my nerves disappeared. The instructor was joking a little bit about the parachute won't opening and stuff, it was funny actually.

So there I was on the plane, going higher and higher and I thought ones we got to 10.000 ft we would jump. But my instructor said: nah, we'll go up to 14.000 feet with the others....

For a second there I thought 'what???' but then I was cool with it. No nerves at all.As we got to 14.000 ft, the instructor said I had to sit on the edge of the open door with my legs out and cross my arms.

On three we would go.

So there I was, hanging out of a plane @ 14.000 feet and not nervous at all. So one...two... go.... And off we went, falling from the sky!

It was as if I was flying, really cool. Only thing was, if you're falling @ a speed of 180 km/h it's hard to breath. Sometimes I had to put my hands in front of my mounth to breathe a little.

I liked it so much. than he opened the parachute which was cool too. I got to steer it but it made me a bit dizzy. The landing was good, really soft on gras & it was 37°C out there, so hot.

As we got back we got our skydiving certificat which states:"Congratulations, you jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane... are you crazy?"It also says: "Perhaps not, but it does prove you aren't afraid of life's little challenges, or if you are, you still have the courage to achieve whatever it is you wish, no matter what difficulty. We all know that first step into nothing is one of the biggest you will ever have to take, so congratulations!"
Never guessed it would be so cool.

Of course... I 'd like to say a special thanks to Touristil, the motion sickness pill. :)

In the afternoon I went horseback riding in the rainforest. It was nice but most of them were beginners so they kept it slow. Especially after you went skydiving it felt slow :)

That's it for today, we got a free night and tomorrow I go scubadiving for the very first time.....

blub blub blub
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment