Tuesday 16 December 2008

First day down unda' and lovin' it!

Hi guys!
My first holi'day' is offically over, sun just set as I was writing postcards in front of the Opera House overlooking the bridge.

My holiday had a rough start, as you know, my netbook broke even before my flight took off. After spending most of the day trying to find a computer repair shop I have to get over it and just enjoy my holiday.

Those who know me well will know that losing my computer is hell to an addict like me. I was so desperate to find a shop that I took a bus down to this little place called 'Gladesville'
Like the name sounds, it looks like this movie town with nice houses & friendly people.
As I walked up and down a hill I reached the PC repair store, which was supposed to be open untill 5.30pm (most shops close in Sydney around 5pm).
As you can guess, it was closed.
I saw this lady inside who was closing up. I started to make signs @ the window to draw her attention (yes, that's how desperate I was)
The lady came out, telling me she cannot help me and that I had to come back tomorrow.
I was on the urge of a nervous breake down asking her if she could tell me how long it would take. "With the holidays coming up, it will take about 4 days, if it could be fixed"
4 DAYS???
With tears in my eyes I walked back down the hill and up to catch a bus back to Sydney citycentre.
There I was, in front of a church with people inside singing.
It was almost like God was saying: "Don't be sad my child, don't hold on to these material things in this material world"
As I was thinking that I spend most of the day walking around Sydney for my computer I must say God had a point there.
The bus stopped I got on it asked to take me to city centre.
This nice guy said it would be 3$
I pulled out a 20$ note.
The driver said: I just started my tour so I don't have any change yet. So just ride for free!
I was happy so sat down in front of the bus.
As the driver, named Chaz, started talking to me about my holiday in australia it was obvious to see how friendly and open everyone is down here.
He gave me some tips about Sydney & Australia and dropped me off at the harbour bridge.
Where I enjoyed some sun and thought about all the great things I will see...

This is what I live for & especially work for... To travel, meet amazing people, discover other cultures & enjoy the beauty of nature...

This was Tania live from Sydney :)

2 comments:

  1. amaai schatje a bussy day uwe eerste dag - hopelijk lukt het nu met nettie - dikke knuffels mamsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Tania,
    Nieuws vanop het werkfront! 't Is hier berekoud, stillekes zonder u en de verzamelstaten toren boven ons uit... :) maar daar hoef jij je nu eens LEKKER NIKS van aan te trekken!!!

    Maak er nog een fijn verlof van down under enne... vergeet mijne kangoeroe niet!

    Karo

    ReplyDelete