Sunday 28 December 2008

Living the life in thongs...

Hi folks,

HAHA, thongs in Australia means flip flops...

So I'm in my short and thongs in the Cairns Colonial Club Resort.

This morning we said goodbye to 5 people of the group including my new friends: Kirsten (USA), Mariana (Brazil) & Jimmy (Canada). It was the first time it rained (tropical rain) as if the sky cried of the goodbye's and the near ending of our trip ;(

We got on the ferry from long island to the harbour and got on the bus for a looooong busride to Cairns. Because of the goodbye party the night before, I only slept for 2 hours so I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. The party was fun, some of the locals (ozzie bartenders) had a day off and partied as well. No pictures of the party though, this is a censured blog :P

After a long drive and a few stops to have lunch or use a toilet we arrived in tropical cairns. It's a bit cloudy outside but so hot. I think it must be around 32° and it's very humid.

So, what will I be doing the next couple of days?

Tonight: Pubcrawl (in dutch: kroegentocht) First we'll have dinner and than a putcrawl in 4 or 5 different bars. Can't drink though cause tomorrow is a full day with activities, I'll need a clear head. :)

Tomorrow morning 9am (Mom, now is the time to skip to the afternoon) I will go... skydiving. I know... I'm crazy. Well I always said: "people who pay to jump out of an airplane are crazy" so I guess I got crazy down unda'
I got convinced by some of the other contiki crazy people and we are gonna skydive with a beautiful view over the reef & rainforest.
Don't worry, a professional will jump with me to open the parachute. Now in case the parachute dooesn't open, I will be dead anyways so don't worry about me, I had the best times here! :)
Nah, it'll be fine. I'll jump from 10.000 feet while all the others will jump from 14.000 feet. So, I'll go first... 9am here is 12pm in Belgium, so think about me for a second, jumping out of an airplane with a prachute.

Tomorrow afternoon: I'll go horsebackriding on a farm close to the rainforest. It will be so beautiful.

Tuesday: scubadiving!!! Since the reef here is the most popular place to see little nemo's and stuff I can't go home without trying this too.
I'll have a introductory dive. I'm so looking forward to this! I'm gonna try to buy an underwater disposable camera, don't know if it'll work, but we'll see :)

So, lads & gents, that's all for now.I'll try to let you know tomorrow how it was...

Don't forget to check out my previous blogs since I'm putting pictures on them!!!

xxx
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment