Saturday 1 May 2010

Mayday 2010

The first of May, in Belgium known as 'labour day'
In Australia it's just a normal Saturday because here, they celebrate labour day on May 3rd. This Monday.

All weekend there are celebrations for Buddha's birthday. Little asian markets with oriental food and goodies, music, and a corner dedicated to Buddha with a pond where you can make a wish. Which of course I will do!
The markets go on untill 10pm with lit up twinkle lights. On Sunday Buddha's birthday weekend will be closed with marvelous fireworks.
And on Monday, the aussies get to sleep in :)

On that same Monday I will meet up again with Marianka, my Canadian friend who I met down in Sydney. She is amazing and funny and she reminds me a lot of Kristin, my American friend who I met in Australia last year.
Both girls are vibrant, cheerful, funny and truly amazing. I love them.

Of course, I do not only 'survive' and stay sane in this crazy world if it wasn't for my friends back home. Some I have known for years from the time I was still a teenager, some even from when i was still a kid and some I only got to know in the last couple of years or even months.
But they all have one thing in common: they are there for me when I do need a friend. Even when i'm 12,000km away they will still comfort me when I'm sad, or listen to my crazy stories, or keep me updated about what's going on in Belgium & their lives. Either with stories or with pictures.
So thank you, my friend, for always being there when I needed you, for accepting me the way I am, for loving me the way I am.
And please forgive me for the times I might not have been there for you. I know that sometimes I get caught up in my busy life and forget what's really important: you!

So let me dedicate this blog to you, my friend & my family. Whether it's by blood or by spirit. You truly are the most important thing in my life. Because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have found the courage to come here in the first place. I wouldn't have learned so much about Australia and most of all about myself.
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be me.

Love always,
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment