Saturday 22 May 2010

Let's put another camel on the barbie, Sheik :)

My dearest blogreader,

Unfortunately my 4 month journey is coming to an end. As I'm writing this blog, I'm looking at my suitcase which I will repack for the last time.
It has been good, those 4 months.  I feel reborn. Does that makes any sense?

 After Surfers Paradise I took the train to the Brisbane airport and flew Qantas for the last time to Sydney.
When I arrived in Sydney, where my little journey begun, it was pouring rain. Like the sky resembled the way I felt. That night I met up with a great guy I met on my last Contiki tour. Good thing he had an umbrella :)
The next day, my very last day Down Under, the rain stopped and this beautiful Autumn sun came out. As if Australia was telling me: It's okay...
That night I met up with Mattie, a guy I met on my first Contiki tour. We had a few drinks and a few laughs :)
The next morning after packing I had a quick drink with Jason, overlooking the Harbour bridge.
After that my airport shuttle was there.
As the immigration officer gave me my "Departed Australia" stamp he asked me: So, will you be back?
I replied: I hope so... He said: you should, a pretty girl like you is welcome in Australia anytime.  :)  That's a sign right? Haha....

My flight to the United Arabic Emirates would take 14 hours and 35 mintues.
You might think it's a lot, but it went by so fast. I watched 5 movies and some series. Read my book and had some meals and before I knew it we were descending into Abu Dhabi.
Yey, another stamp in my passport :)
My brother was  there to pick me up and we drove to Dubai.
Yesterday I enjoyed some hot sun and in the evening we met up with a friend of my brother and his wife to have a drink and some sheesha.
And that brings me to today. My last day of this amazing trip.

When I look back I smile and think to myself: What a wonderful world :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment