Saturday 30 January 2010

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window

The door to my cockroach hostel was definately closed.
Thanks to the internet, I found out a friend of mine happened to be in Sydney too for 2 days and he asked me to meet up. I told him I couldn't since I was looking for another place to sleep.
He suggested to stay at his room in the 4 seasons. The 4 seasons! Talking about an upgrade.
It's a hotel where men open doors for you, carry your luggage, can provide room service, spa treatments, ...
The bathroom has got a shower & bath tub. A boxspring bed and flatscreen.
And the view.... The view... You can see the Opera House and harbour.

Secondly he gave me tickets to see Tiƫsto. Not that I travelled the world to see a Dutch DJ-dude play, but hey if it's free, why not? :)
The concert  was pretty good and the Aussies loved him.

Tonight another night at the 4 seasons and tomorrow I'll be moving to a YHA hostel. A little more expensive but cleaner! It has a sunroof that overlooks the Harbour bridge and Opera house too!

Oh, for those not on Facebook.
I have an Australian phone number now: +61 (0) 416 797 423
If you need me, you can text or call me. If I'm not able to pick up the phone (f.e. when it's the middle of the night here > 10 hours ahead of Belgium) you will get my so unbelievably cool voice mail :)
Vodaphone is a great provider. I charged my pre-paid card with 29$ (18,5€) and I get a credit of 150$!!! Thats 120$ for free :) Belgian companies should do the same :)
And you can choose a funny voicemail. I picked the 'Sex and the City' voicemail. So good!!! :)

Talking about Sex and the City, the 4 seasons is very SATC. I just can't believe how many rich people there are in  this world who can affort staying here.
But then again, I'm a low budget traveller with no job, but loads of fun!

Take care and keep warm :P
Tania (who got a little sunburned)

No comments:

Post a Comment