Monday 18 January 2010

Insomnia

In exactly one week I'm packing to get on a plane & fly to the other side of the planet.
One week... Seven days... 168 hours...
Last night I suffered from insomnia. My mind is going crazy, thinking too much.
Not easy to fall asleep, and when I did the nightmares begun.  You know, you dream you forget stuff, laptop, camera,... Or you dream the plane is gonna crash. You dream you'll be all alone & broke.
And than you wake up, sweaty. You feel your heart beating in the back of your throat and for a split second you wonder if you made the right choice.
Is it a wise thing to do to give up your job in times of recession? To just leave all your securities behind and take a leap in the unknown?

I couldn't help but wonder... Are we programmed to live the life that's expected from us? Are we taught to be scared if we cannot see the future? Have we failed if we did not accomplish the 'husband - kids and house with a picket fence' by  the age of 35?
Am I the crazy one if I don't follow the 'plan'   -OR-   is this the sanest decision I have ever made?
Maybe it's true, that sometimes we have to get lost to find ourselves.

And that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away, so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home.

Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment